No more working compensation payments... I am still under medical treatment

Asked about 2 years ago - South River, NJ

On October 28, 2011 I got an accident while I was working in the construction building. I was receiving working compensation of $1,200.00 every two weeks until June 22, 2012, since then I have received nothing else.

I wrote letters asking to the Insurance WC and they say I got the limit of payment. I asked my lawyer and he say the same.

I am still under medical treatment and unable to go back to work. Is anything else I can do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Lawrence Ian Krivitzky

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I recommend you speak with your lawyer again so he can answer your question. If you tell your attorney that you didn't understand his earlier explanation I am sure he will be willing to explain it again to you. Best of luck.

  2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I don't practice in NJ but I don't see that NJ places a time limit on TTD payments. You should ask your attorney to further explain his position. Good luck.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr.... more
  3. Gerald Gregory Lutkenhaus

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I have practiced Workers Compensation in Virginia for 35 years. You indicated due to a October 11, 2011 accident you received WC payments until June 22, 2012 and then they stopped. You did not indicate you were still under a disability due to this accident. If you are still under a disability for this accident, then you should ask your lawyer why your WC payments have not continued.

    This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,689 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,689 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering