No more working compensation payments... I am still under medical treatment

Asked about 2 years ago - South River, NJ

On October 28, 2011 I got an accident while I was working in the construction building. I was receiving working compensation of $1,200.00 every two weeks until June 22, 2012, since then I have received nothing else.

I wrote letters asking to the Insurance WC and they say I got the limit of payment. I asked my lawyer and he say the same.

I am still under medical treatment and unable to go back to work. Is anything else I can do?

1. Lawrence Ian Krivitzky

4

Answered . I recommend you speak with your lawyer again so he can answer your question. If you tell your attorney that you didn't understand his earlier explanation I am sure he will be willing to explain it again to you. Best of luck.

2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

1

Answered . I don't practice in NJ but I don't see that NJ places a time limit on TTD payments. You should ask your attorney to further explain his position. Good luck.

3. Gerald Gregory Lutkenhaus

1

Answered . I have practiced Workers Compensation in Virginia for 35 years. You indicated due to a October 11, 2011 accident you received WC payments until June 22, 2012 and then they stopped. You did not indicate you were still under a disability due to this accident. If you are still under a disability for this accident, then you should ask your lawyer why your WC payments have not continued.