No more working compensation payments... I am still under medical treatment

South River, NJ |

On October 28, 2011 I got an accident while I was working in the construction building. I was receiving working compensation of $1,200.00 every two weeks until June 22, 2012, since then I have received nothing else.

I wrote letters asking to the Insurance WC and they say I got the limit of payment. I asked my lawyer and he say the same.

I am still under medical treatment and unable to go back to work. Is anything else I can do?

1. I recommend you speak with your lawyer again so he can answer your question. If you tell your attorney that you didn't understand his earlier explanation I am sure he will be willing to explain it again to you. Best of luck.

2. I don't practice in NJ but I don't see that NJ places a time limit on TTD payments. You should ask your attorney to further explain his position. Good luck.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

3. I have practiced Workers Compensation in Virginia for 35 years. You indicated due to a October 11, 2011 accident you received WC payments until June 22, 2012 and then they stopped. You did not indicate you were still under a disability due to this accident. If you are still under a disability for this accident, then you should ask your lawyer why your WC payments have not continued.

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is not meant and should not be construed to be the formation of an attorney client relationship. I practice Virginia Workers compensation law and Social Security Disability law.