No license with car insurance. At Fault for accident.

Indianapolis, IN |

I caused an accident in December. I have no license but I do have car insurance. I filed a claim with the insurance company. Can I get in trouble for insurance fraud?

Unlikely, but the insurance company might deny coverage for yor damage, if you claimed you had a valid license when applying for coverage.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

2. If you had insurance and are making a valid claim than no. Lying to your insurance company to set up a claim would be fraud.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

3. There is no fraud here, unless you lied when you made the claim. However, you may be denied coverage based on your policy language (like violating a law.)

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.