No license, No insurance. Car accident... Not at fault. What to expect?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Spokane, WA

I was involved in a car accident yesterday with no license or insurance. The other car did not yield at her sign and I ran into her. Police were not called and we just exchanged information.

What can I look forward to now? Can I still get tickets?

1. Scott Carness

1

Answered . This answer assumes that your accident happened in Washington state. You might receive tickets for driving without a license and without insurance. However, you still have a right to be compensated by the at-fault driver (or their insurance) for any harm you suffered, such as vehicle damage, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

You should to talk to a car accident attorney in your area. Many accident lawyers offer a free initial consultation.

2. James Craig Swapp

Pro

1

Answered . Driving without insurance or a license may result in the investigating officer issuing tickets. This is not automatic, though - some police officers have more discretion than others, and when an accident is involved they focus on it rather citing the drivers for offenses that did not contribute to the accident.

If you have injuries from the collision, it would be a good idea to discuss your case with an attorney who specializes in automobile personal injury cases.

3. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

Answered . If the police become involved, you may receive a ticket for driving without a license and, if the state where this occurred has compulsory liability insurance, you will probably be issued a ticket for no insurance.

I suggest that you get some insurance and get your license reinstated.