Skip to main content

No idea who to contact to see if resolved or not, and to get it off my credit report????

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Judgment lien Lien

Found an EDD lien marked 2009 non tax issue, dealing w/ unemployment.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. When a lien was recorded, it is a public record. You can obtain a copy of the lien by visiting the county recorder's office where the lien was recorded. To settle this matter and to get the lien released, contact unemployment directly. Having said this, don't expect settling the lien to improve your credit by very much. The fact that the lien was recorded will follow you for many years and the release will not significantly improve your credit. Hope this perspective helps!

  2. Contact the credit agencies, equifax, transunion, and experian. You can investigate, challenge, and monitor your credit through their websites.

  3. Rather than contest the lien with the credit reporting bureaus right now or trying to find it at the County Recorder's office, you might be better off contacting the EDD directly to obtain a copy of the lien and a reason why they filed it and the amount now due.

    If the EDD can't help you, then you can try the County Recorder and/or protesting to the credit bureaus.

    Good luck.

    If you need further clarity, please email me at MICHAEL@MIRELAND.US Answers to questions are for general information purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This is not legal advice, simply information. You SHOULD NOT act on this information without consulting a competent bankruptcy attorney in your area and providing ALL relevant information.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics