No fault divorce - Not requesting any ancillary reliefs

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

We don't (husband and wife) have no issues but not at all compatible so going for NO FAULT DIVORCE. We already settled all our monetary details again without any paper. It's been a year we still share friendship and now ready to file divorce. NO ANCILLARY RELIEF requested. We filled forms sitting together and ready to file. Do we need any settlement / opting out / stipulation paper work ? nobody is asking anything. here. We are filing ourselves without attorney

And one more thing, we already distributed losses/profits / marital property again without any formal agreement and this is why we are going with "not requesting any ancillary reliefs"

1. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

5

1

Answered . Instructions are online at the court's website: http://www.nycourts.gov/divorce/pdfs/Divorce-Pa.... Generally if there are neither children nor property or assets involved, and neither party is requesting alimony (e.g., maintenance), then you do not nee a full settlement agreement drafted. That said, you're encouraged to schedule a consultation with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. Maria C. Tebano

2

1

Answered . No, you do not. You just have to file the Summons/Complaint. Have the other party sign an acknowledgement of service and waiver of appearance and get the divorce granted based on a default. Good luck.

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

2

Answered . If you feel comfortable in doing the papers, feel free to got to the OCA site and get the forms. You might consider a consultation with an attorney to explain things first.

4. Jean M. Mahserjian

Pro

Answered . You can use my website at www.NYDivorceNow.com. You will be retaining an attorney for this process, which protects you. However, our fees for using this website are very modest.