No divorce has been filed yet i need to know how i can file a divorce with no money we both want it read details

Dansville, NY |
Filed under: Divorce

me and my husband have been seperated sense 2008 we both want the divorce we dont have the money to get it he has cancer there is no property to split how would i go about filing for a divorce with no money

i dont believe i will be getting anything if he dies he gf and his kids will cause as far as there concerned he is not married to me

As long as both parties are willing to cooperate we could help you with an uncontested divorce. Please contact our offices for assistance and a free consultation. (800) 518-0211.

Please note that this general response to your inquiry does not establish an attorney-client relationship.You should consult with a competent attorney for advice regarding your particular situation.

If the two of you are cooperating you can go to the supreme court clerks office and pick up the divorce packet which has all the necessary forms and instructions on how to file.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.

If you can get the court to waive the filing fees for indigent people, then you do not have to pay the court costs. Try legal aid or a pro bono agency for assistance.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

You can seek poor person's status - consult your local State Supreme court clerk.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Remember that you took vows to remain together in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer and until death do you part? These are not just "moral" words; they are the words of the law as well.

If the husband has cancer, why not just wait. You can forget your differences in the interim and stay together until he passes. Then you can obtain benefits and all of his estate as his lawful wife.

In other words, why pay anything for a divorce and then have the husband die anyway? Don't you have better uses for your time and money?

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

You may have social security rights as a surviving spouse. Consider that factor.

sorry but i dont agree with this at all there is no benefits i wont get nothing it will all go to his kids and im sorry i know what my vows were but i wont get beat and stay in a marriage

If there is no property to split, then I agree with my colleagues who have already responded in that you can contact the clerk's office and pick up a divorce packet. In fact, you can even go on line at: http://www.nycourts.gov/divorce/forms.shtml to obtain the forms yourself to file them. If your spouse will ultimately pass away because of the cancer, which would be a terrible thing, then you should probably wait and you will his surviving spouse for purposes of Social Security, health related and pension benefits.