No decision after immigration interview. Do I need to do anything or just wait?

Arlington, TX |

I am an F-1 student married to a U.S. citizen. We've been married for 6 months. We had the green card interview a month ago. At the end of the interview the officer asked for our phone numbers and said that he would call us after further investigation to the case but we have not heard from anyone.
We forgot to bring both original birth certificates to the interview. The officer asked me for a letter to verify my employment but I did not have one (we have a sponsor). He asked my husband what his educational background was and his employment history (i am in college and he is about to take his GED). He asked us about the lease and some of our photos. He then asked for the phone numbers and that was it. I-94 and EAD were not taken.
Any idea what this means? Should we be doing something?

Thanks for the responses. My I-94 was NOT taken, is this a bad sign???

It's usually a good sign when the officer takes the I-94.
No need to be apprehensive, if you feel the interview went well then wait for the outcome, if any more documents are needed you will be notified.

I would concur with the previous answer. More likely than not, you will receive an approval in the mail. If the you don't receive any notice in another couple of months, then you should inquire.

Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm
Dallas, TX

Recommended articles about Employment