No conviction immigration

Long Beach, CA |

Say for instants a person gets arrested for drug trafficking but later on the court dismissed all charges and the person is release with no conviction does that person get deported because I know If you where never arrested but admit that at one point you was trafficking drugs you still deal with immigration. Nothing happen this is just a question just curious.

If there is no conviction then it is not a removable offense; however the charges might lead to a finding of inadmissibility at the US port of entry by giving the CBP officer a "reason to believe" the non-citizen is involved in drug trafficking. Pretty harsh...

It depends on the person's status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

If they have no status in the US, they may still be put into immigration proceedings.

713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full details of the case.

I agree with my colleagues; if a person is out of status, she/he is always subject to being palced in deporation.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.