No Contest plea: Infraction: if you do a No Contest: are you able to answer the question : ever been convicted: NO, or ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Ontario, CA

If anyone asks afterwards--does it count as guilty and you must answer YES??? Would that mean that for every traffic ticket anyone paid--as an infraction --they were guity???

1. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

5

Answered . a no contst plea is treated as a guilty plea by the court accept that the plea itself cannot be used in a civil proceeding against you.

2. Kelvin P. Green

5

Answered . So on a job application, you must disclose as a conviction if they ask. Many employers have specific look back periods. The US government asks about all charges (not convictions) in the past seven years andnthere are a few have you EVER questions...BTW if you fjail to disclose on a federal form it is new dishonest conduct and no matter how old it is and mitigated by time the new dishinest conduct probably wont be...

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

3

Answered . It equates to a guilty plea for criminal purposes but is not an admission of guilt/liability for civil purpose.

4. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . A plea to nolo results in a conviction. Hence your answer to the question "Have you ever been convicted?" is "yes."