Skip to main content

No contact order

Pasco, WA |

My sister and her ex have a no contact order she has one against him and the court placed one against her to stay away from him. He sent her a Facebook request she accidently accepted it when she realized that she had she deleted him, no words were said to each other at all could either one of them get in trouble ?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Without knowing the exact terms of the no contact order, it is not possible to answer directly and accurately. As a general principle, however, truly accidental contact generally will not lead to trouble.

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended to be a general statement of legal principles only. It should not be relied upon for any specific action. Please seek the advice of a qualified local attorney to review your specific case.

  2. The state is taking these issue ver seriously and so if they get wind of this possible violation they will probably charge it. HOWEVER, proving it is a different story. Be prepared to get an attorney to help you.

  3. See my AVVO Legal Guides on domestic violence for information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although my AVVO Answers and Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. To find my Legal Guides, click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 32 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”. © Bruce Clement

    ©Bruce Clement. This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics