No contact order

Asked 7 months ago - Pasco, WA

My sister and her ex have a no contact order she has one against him and the court placed one against her to stay away from him. He sent her a Facebook request she accidently accepted it when she realized that she had she deleted him, no words were said to each other at all could either one of them get in trouble ?

1. Scott T Ashby

Pro

1

Answered . Without knowing the exact terms of the no contact order, it is not possible to answer directly and accurately. As a general principle, however, truly accidental contact generally will not lead to trouble.

2. Bruce Clement

Pro

1

Answered . See my AVVO Legal Guides on domestic violence for information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although my AVVO Answers and Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. To find my Legal Guides, click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 32 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”. © Bruce Clement

3. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

Answered . The state is taking these issue ver seriously and so if they get wind of this possible violation they will probably charge it. HOWEVER, proving it is a different story. Be prepared to get an attorney to help you.