No communication between custodial parents

Asked 10 months ago - Denver, CO

ex husbands new wife has cut off all communication between myself and my ex husband regarding our children. we have joint decision making. my ex husband is forcing me to go through our minor children for communication on children's schedules etc

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

8

Answered . It is not appropriate to use the children as intermediaries. As a former judge, I can tell you that such would tick any judge off to no end. Tell your ex that if he won't communicate with you to co-parent, that you will get an attorney and file a Motion to Modify Decision-Making from Joint to Sole. He is not exercising his decision-making right now as it is anyway.

2. David M. Rich

Pro

7

Answered . I agree with Mr. Leroi. He is an excellent attorney and he could help you navigate a difficult situation - you would be well served to call him.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . That is completely inappropriate.

Sit down with an experienced family law attorney to discuss the situation and any possible steps to take.