No accident. In Miami. Ticket 316.122. Failure to yield right of way ticket . do you think I should fight for it?

Miami, FL |

I was turning left on the yellow traffic sign and in the middle turns red. I coldnt go fast because there is a car in front of me. ( i didnt stop , i was slow but not too slow) The police stoped me because he was the one who wants to cross in the green light. I told him that I turned on the yellow and I couldnt go fast. he said he could hit me. however if he also has a traffic signs. he could never had his car quicckly speed up just seconds after turns green. ( i believe) he should wait until clears the traffic. Am I right? Should I got this ticket? besides I believe there is a photo/camera which register the iffractions in the corner of the street....should I fight it?

You should always challenge traffic tickets. If you pay it you will be Guilty of the charge which may cause your insurance rates to go up.

If you set the case for trial, the court will often make an offer of a withhold of adjudication with no points on your license to close the case. This option will keep your insurance rates down.

You will also have the option to go to trial and present your case if you don't like the offer from the court.

Best of luck.

You have the right to contest your ticket and explain yourself to the Court.

Our office number is 561.266.9056. If you liked our response kindly vote it up. Thank You....Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. Thank You

If you feel that you were wrongly issued the citation, you should request a court date and be heard by the hearing officer / judge. You would likely benefit from having an experienced local traffic attorney handle your ticket for you because the attorney will have a better knowledge of local practices, legal defenses / technicalities, and the judge's temperament. answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at

Recommended articles about Personal injury