NJ medical marijuana

Neptune, NJ |

How is marijuana a schedule 1 drug( no medicinal use) yet the state allows some people to use it for medicinal purposes?

1. NJ criminal possession has always been "without a valid prescription". Not much has changed except where you can get the MJ and when and why you can have it.

2. I agree with Mr. Cheser.

Please note that by attempting to answer your question, I am not acting as your attorney. I will do nothing further to protect or preserve your interests in the absence of any additional discussion with you about this matter. Jeffrey E. Grabelle, Esq. Starr, Gern, Davison & Rubin, P.C. 105 Eisenhower Parkway Roseland, NJ 07068 Office: (973) 403-9200; Fax: (973) 226-0031 Email: jgrabelle@starrgern.com

3. My understanding of the present state of the law is that the NJ State Legislature has approved medical marijuana subject to the implementation by the Governor's office of a system for marijuana plant growth and product distribution. As this distribution system is not yet established, it is impossible in NJ to obtain medical marijuana; and therefore possession of marijuana for any purpose remains a crime. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding of the present state of affairs.

Disclaimer: For a free consultation contact me directly at 973-519-0196 or adam@LefkowitzLawOffice.com. If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. Answering questions on avvo.com does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to seek and retain your own counsel. Information and answers posted to this website are for general informational purposes only.