NJ medical marijuana

Asked over 1 year ago - Neptune, NJ

How is marijuana a schedule 1 drug( no medicinal use) yet the state allows some people to use it for medicinal purposes?

1. Mark M Cheser

1

Answered . NJ criminal possession has always been "without a valid prescription". Not much has changed except where you can get the MJ and when and why you can have it.

2. Adam Lefkowitz

1

Answered . My understanding of the present state of the law is that the NJ State Legislature has approved medical marijuana subject to the implementation by the Governor's office of a system for marijuana plant growth and product distribution. As this distribution system is not yet established, it is impossible in NJ to obtain medical marijuana; and therefore possession of marijuana for any purpose remains a crime. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding of the present state of affairs.

3. Jeffrey Eric Grabelle

Answered . I agree with Mr. Cheser.