NJ Business Code for Freelance Writer

Asked 12 months ago - Neptune, NJ

I am getting prepared to fill out my NJ_REG form and in the space for the business code, I am not sure what to put. I am a freelance writer. Does "word processing" count as what I do? That is the closest writing-related topic I could find on the list of codes. Otherwise, would I use 2700 (misc services)?

Thanks

1. Richard E Weltman

Pro

5

Answered . You describe yourself as a freelance writer. This is not a word processor unless you earn income from doing so. If still in doubt, contact NJ Treasury Department, your accountant or a tax lawyer. Best of luck to you with your writing career.

2. Michael T Warshaw

4

Answered . I don't have the form in front of me, but you are certainly not a word processor. When in doubt, use the one that most closely fits what you do. Based upon what you have posted, miscellaneous sounds close to the correct answer. You should consult a lawyer for a more definitive answer. Use the find a lawyer feature to locate one near you.

3. Jonathan S Rudnick

Pro

3

Answered . Do the best you can as this is not a reallynot that significant but call the state and they can ghelp