Next step after Tenant filed answer to eviction, but personal service unsuccessful?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I filed for an eviction against tenant, and gave documents to process server. Process server was unable to serve tenants after several attempts. I filed for an order to Post and Serve, but tenant filed an answer to eviction before order to Post and Serve was granted (it was granted one day later)

Can I proceed to request a court date or go with the granted Post and Serve?

1. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

2

Answered . Yes, but you may not need to if the tenant answered. By answering, the tenant appeared in the case and submitted to the Court's jurisdiction.
    Contact a landlord tenant attorney for more information specific to your case.

2. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answer. I'd add that the procedure can be confusing and even small mistakes can lengthen the process. If you can afford it, I'd suggest hiring someone to help.

Good luck!