New owner had land surveyed - he says my building is on his property - the building was built in 1932 and is listed on my deed

Asked about 2 years ago - Johnsonville, SC

can he make me remove my building?

The building is a permanent structure not moveable

1. James S. Tupitza

4

Answered . Read up on the topic of adverse possession. I think it requires 20 years possession in SC. You have over 80 years. That will be enough in any jurisdiction. Do not discuss this with your neighbor. In may states if a person in your position asks the neighbor to give a deed to the disputed area, that is treated as evidence of no adverse possession. Find a real estate lawyer who can discuss adverse possession with you off the top or her or his head. If the cannot do this, fine another lawyer.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . No on the facts you provided. See a property attorney ASAP--DO NOT speak to the neighbor again about the issue until you have retained a local property attorney. Best of luck to you.