New immigration law

Chicago, IL |

Hello, tell me what can be with as who came after 31.dec 2011?
The proposal of the new immigration law tell about immigrants before that period. I'm paying taxes for 3 years like citizen but my visa expired in October 2012, and i have 3 visas in my passport but the last one I overstayed 6 months for now. My last entry was May 11 2012.

First of all, thank you for your time, i can see that i'm not eligible for immigrant benefits i'm just asking what is going to happend with someone who is not eligible? I'm looking in a proposal bill but it's kinda confusing.

No final law yet, so no specific eligibility criteria is available. Many more changes can happen, including the residence requirement.

Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Relax. There is no new law yet. All you hear or read are mere "proposals" that have to be debated, negotiated and reconciled between the 2 houses of congress. Hold your breath: the actual piece of legislation to come out of all this will most likely be quite different than what you are seeing or hearing now. Stay tuned.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

See links below:

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

it is just a proposal. No one knows whether that will be the version of the law or not. I am very skeptical any law will be enacted at all.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

It does not seem you can benefit by the new Senate Bill. Perhaps the House version will be more helpful.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

The current senate proposal would not cover you. But many things can and will change before we have an actual law passed by congress.

"This answer should not be considered legal advice. Each case is different. An a formal consultation would be need it before an specific answer can be given"

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law