New immigration law

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Hello, tell me what can be with as who came after 31.dec 2011?
The proposal of the new immigration law tell about immigrants before that period. I'm paying taxes for 3 years like citizen but my visa expired in October 2012, and i have 3 visas in my passport but the last one I overstayed 6 months for now. My last entry was May 11 2012.

First of all, thank you for your time, i can see that i'm not eligible for immigrant benefits i'm just asking what is going to happend with someone who is not eligible? I'm looking in a proposal bill but it's kinda confusing.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

15

2

Answered . Relax. There is no new law yet. All you hear or read are mere "proposals" that have to be debated, negotiated and reconciled between the 2 houses of congress. Hold your breath: the actual piece of legislation to come out of all this will most likely be quite different than what you are seeing or hearing now. Stay tuned.

2. Gintare Grigaite

12

Answered . No final law yet, so no specific eligibility criteria is available. Many more changes can happen, including the residence requirement.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

11

Answered . it is just a proposal. No one knows whether that will be the version of the law or not. I am very skeptical any law will be enacted at all.

4. J Charles Ferrari

10

Answered . See links below:

http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform

http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform/...

5. Stephen D. Berman

8

Answered . It does not seem you can benefit by the new Senate Bill. Perhaps the House version will be more helpful.

6. Ivan A Guerrero

8

Answered . The current senate proposal would not cover you. But many things can and will change before we have an actual law passed by congress.