New evidence submitted after NOID.

Newark, NJ |

How long does it usually take for the asylum office to make decision after new evidences are submitted in response to the Notice of intent to deny(NOID). In my case it has already been 2 months since I submitted new evidences in response to the NOID that i had received a week after my asylum interview. And out of 10, how many cases get approved after a NOID is given?

Unfortunately, there is no way to accurately forecast how long an adjudicator will take to respond in any given case. And the approval rate following an NOID would depend on the strength of evidence you submitted in response

This message is intended as general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested to speak with me directly, please contact me at 604-671-7600.

So what is more common following the NOID? approval or denial?

Douglas Aaron Cowgill

Douglas Aaron Cowgill

In my experience, denial is more common. Afterall, it is a "Notice of Intent to Deny"

Douglas Aaron Cowgill

Douglas Aaron Cowgill

But again, it very much depends on how you responded to the request.

But doesnt the denial is given within two weeks? In my case it has been 2 months. Why are they taking so long?

Whether a case gets approved or not depends on the specific facts of the case, not on statistics.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Every case is different. As long as your case is not closed, it is not too late to consult with a lawyer to see if you can improve your chances at success.