Never graduated from HS, but other than that I qualify for Deferred Action as Childhoold Arrival, can i go to school & apply?

Asked about 2 years ago - Sunnyvale, CA

Or am i out of luck? I was here since age 13, and dropped of high school in 12th grade. Can I enroll into adult secondary school and then apply for the deferred action?

I asked this question the other day, and got a few answers telling me about the risks. Yes, I know the risks, but again, can I make myself qualified just by going to adult secondary school?

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You must either be a highschool graduate, have a GED, or be enrolled in school.

2. Grady G Gauthier

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Capriotti. You can enroll in a state or federally sponsored GED program/Adult School to qualify. Non-state/federally funded programs may also qualify but additional evidence will be required to show these schools qualify. Recommend you consult with an immigration attorney concerning your eligibility for Deferred Action and the process in general.

3. Matthew Daniel Muller

1

Answered . I agree with the attorneys stating that enrollment in an adult education program is sufficient, and would add that this program might lead to a GED or to an actual high school diploma. The second is usually considered a bit better for purposes of future education, and it might also be easier for you to achieve depending on how many existing high school credits you have. The GED is essentially a high school equivalency test you have to study for. You might be able to earn a diploma without this test by attending classes to complete your degree. Visit http://www.santaclaraadulted.org or https://ace.fuhsd.org/department/adultsecondaryed and call 408-423-3600 or (408) 522-2700 for further information about possibilities close to you.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Yes, you can enroll in a state licensed/approved GED preparation program.

___________________________________________________________
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
    CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW
    franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com
    SKYPE MULTI-PARTY VIDEO AVAILABLE

5. Ralf D. Wiedemann

1

Answered . Yes, if you complete a program and obtain a GED, that is the equivalent of a high school diploma for the Deferred Action program.