Never graduated from HS, but other than that I qualify for Deferred Action as Childhoold Arrival, can i go to school & apply?

Sunnyvale, CA |

Or am i out of luck? I was here since age 13, and dropped of high school in 12th grade. Can I enroll into adult secondary school and then apply for the deferred action?

If you do not have a high school degree or a GED, you must be in school in order to apply.

1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law. It is not an Act.

2. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

3. There are serious risks in applying as it can be terminated as early as January 2013 if Mr. Romney is elected President.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree and will add, Deferred action is not guaranteed; applicants will be revealing and, in most cases, documenting their removability to a government agency that can initiate removal proceedings.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration