Never graduated from HS, but other than that I qualify for Deferred Action as Childhoold Arrival, can i go to school & apply?

Asked about 2 years ago - Sunnyvale, CA

Or am i out of luck? I was here since age 13, and dropped of high school in 12th grade. Can I enroll into adult secondary school and then apply for the deferred action?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you do not have a high school degree or a GED, you must be in school in order to apply.

    1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law. It is not an Act.

    2. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

    3. There are serious risks in applying as it can be terminated as early as January 2013 if Mr. Romney is elected President.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Javier G Pineda

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . I agree and will add, Deferred action is not guaranteed; applicants will be revealing and, in most cases, documenting their removability to a government agency that can initiate removal proceedings.

    714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,143 answers this week

2,997 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,143 answers this week

2,997 attorneys answering