Never gave us employment or 1099 paperwork was on 1099 is assuming we owe her thousands when no agreement signed.

Cincinnati, OH |

My husband and I own our own company last summer we had a girl who helped us in the business she did sign contracts for the company but she never provided any 1099 paperwork or employment information so we were only able to pay her on a referral basis. She was also on unemployment at the time. She is claiming we owe her thousands of dollars when their was no subcontractors agreement signed or any tax info on file to pay her. She disappeared for months and came back into the picture demanding payment she then proceeds to say I robbed her house and took her narcotic pain medication which I didnt not!! She then proceeded to call township police and tell them to call my husband and I to tell us to have no communication with her that we were harassing her but we weren't. She has contacted a friend of ours saying that if we dont pay her thousands of dollars by 3pm tomorrow we will be sued. I dont see what we can be sued for we never said we wouldnt pay her but at the same time she never provided a way to pay her and she never signed anything saying she would be paid. EDUCATED ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE!!! Need some responses ASAP ... This girl has a pill addiction and is really out of wack.

1. Not sure if this an 'educated answer', (whatever that means): Since you did not ask a question it's tough to speculate about what you want to know or speculate about what the girl might do, or what evidence she might have, or what your agreement with her was.

If you are sued, contact an attorney in your area asap.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.