Nevada trust laws-- LLC may be legally a trustee for trust?

Asked about 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

Read that the latest asset protection is to add a LLC as an additional trustee for a trust. Is that fully legal and practical? Any actual legal cases testing validity?

1. Michael Leo Potter

2

Answered . There is no legal impediment to doing so. You may want to consider the Nevada Privacy Trust as well other alternatives. There are some practical considerations to take into account but yes. Work with a knowledgeable Estate Planning / Asset Protection attorney to modify the Trust so that it 'works'. Good Luck !!

2. David L. Carrier

Pro

2

Answered . Not sure how adding an LLC would increase the asset protection features of the trust itself, although that might reduce the exposure of the individual trustee... You need to speak with a local attorney to verify that the particular strategy you're contemplating is"fully legal and practical" in your particular situation.

3. Kelly Scott Davis

Pro

Answered . Be careful before relying upon advice that you read about. An LLC may serve as trustee but the question you need to ask is for what purpose? Follow Attorney Potters advice and sit down with an estate planning attorney who can review your situation and goals and design a plan that works.