Nevada trust laws-- LLC may be legally a trustee for trust?

Las Vegas, NV |

Read that the latest asset protection is to add a LLC as an additional trustee for a trust. Is that fully legal and practical? Any actual legal cases testing validity?

1. Not sure how adding an LLC would increase the asset protection features of the trust itself, although that might reduce the exposure of the individual trustee... You need to speak with a local attorney to verify that the particular strategy you're contemplating is"fully legal and practical" in your particular situation.

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer. You are not my client. You cannot rely on my response to your question. My response to your question is probably worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't get to sue me for anything. If you'd like to sue me, well you have to hire me first. Here's how you can hire me! #1 Call: 1-888-463-2843 #2 Email: david@davidcarrierlaw.com #3 See me on TV! www.woodtv.com - go to the Ask the Expert tab! #4 Listen to my radio show (2 full hours every week!) www.woodradio.com - go to the podcast section.

2. There is no legal impediment to doing so. You may want to consider the Nevada Privacy Trust as well other alternatives. There are some practical considerations to take into account but yes. Work with a knowledgeable Estate Planning / Asset Protection attorney to modify the Trust so that it 'works'. Good Luck !!

3. Be careful before relying upon advice that you read about. An LLC may serve as trustee but the question you need to ask is for what purpose? Follow Attorney Potters advice and sit down with an estate planning attorney who can review your situation and goals and design a plan that works.

Responses provided on Avvo are for general informational purposes only, based upon the limited information that is provided, and do not constitute legal advice. As such you should consult with your own attorney for specific advice. No attorney/client relationship exists with Kelly S. Davis unless set forth in a written engagement letter. The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any attorney as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise.

Wills and estates topics