Neighbor taking a photo and video taping my property and myself without permission.

Asked about 4 years ago - Caseyville, IL

My neighbor is taking pics and video taping my property, myself and my dog without my knowledge or permission at the time. I want this stopped. I am considering installing a privacy fence on that side of the yard between us. Will this be illegal for him to continue after this fence is installed?

My question is....AFTER I install a privacy fence, would it not be considered "peeping 'tom'" act for him to attempt to take pics through the fence or over the fence. I would think this would be the line of the 'privacy' law. I know there is nothing I can do now, with an open view fencing.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . If your neighbor is on his or her property (or legally on public property like the street in front of your property for that matter), there's nothing you can do about him or her (or anyone else for that matter) taking photographs or videotapes of your property.

You have an expectation of privacy inside your home. If your neighbor is taking pictures or video of you and your dog inside your home seek an immediate restraining order and a permanent injunction in court.

I hope this helps. Good luck.