Neighbor Parks Car in Front of House. What Are My Legal Options To Get The Car Moved?

Asked over 2 years ago - Clinton, MD

We are homeowners, in a neighborhood that is under an HOA covenant, but it is poorly managed. My next door neighbor frequently parks more than 2-6 cars in their driveway, the cul-de-sac, and now one car is frequently parking in front of my home on the curb of my property line. This prevents me from being able to use a spot in front of my house if I have a guest or we need the space. During another time, they left a car unmoved for at least 2 weeks. The volume of cars and parking in front of my house has been consistent for at least 6 months now. Aside from speaking to them and hoping that they are agreeable, is there any legal option I have to get their cars moved. Ticket? Towing? Zoning? Any recommendations to petition the HOA's role in assisting a resolution?

1. Mark William Oakley

2

1

Answered . If your home does not come with reserved parking spaces, and if he reserved parking spaces are not included in your deed or HOA covenants, then they are generally available to any resident to use. You do not own the street or lot in front of your home. If there are restrictions on the number of vehicles an owner of a home can park in the common parking areas, then that may be another avenue to pursue. If the reason they have so many vehicles is that they have multiple families or unrelated persons living in the home, there may be other issues such as use restrictions on the number of unrelated persons who may reside in one home, or even county zoning limitations relating to single family dwellings.