Needing some help with obtaining a picture id

West Palm Beach, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

I've recently applied for DACA and received my appointment notice for the biometrics. On my notice it states that I will need a picture id. I contacted the Mexican consulate to try and obtain one through them and was told that in order to get a matricula or passport I would need a picture id (the reason that I got in contact with them in the first place). What could I do to obtain one?

Have you tried to obtain a photo ID from the state where you live? If you are not able to obtain any photo ID, then you should attend the biometrics appointment with your biometrics notice, a complete copy of your DACA application, and any forms of ID that you have. Officials will decide whether to take your biometrics or not. They probably will take your biometrics. You should consult with an immigration attorney near you for the best chance of success.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

This is one question where AVVO will not be able to help; you need to figure out a way to break the vicious cycle; We will not be able to resolve this issue with any of the actors involved

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

I agree with my colleagues. Consult with an immigration attorney about this matter.

The Law Office of Elliot M.S. Yi, 2075 SW First Avenue, Ste 2J, Portland, Oregon, 97201;; 503-951-8209. This answer is intended for general informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. The statement above does not constitute legal advice, as all the facts are not known.

Recommended articles about Immigration