Need Wyoming lawyer asap for medical malpractice n Billings MT told by MT need WY lawyer where welive and vice versa which is i

Asked over 1 year ago - Billings, MT

local drs say had solid huge case have all files record tests happened in MT we live n WY so do I need a MT or WY lawyer so confused about this spent a lot sending files to MT lawyers in the past 2 weeks which state do I need an attorney from please help

1. Adam L Rothenberg

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . If the events happend in MT, then you need a MT lawyer who can litigat the issues in MT. Unless you are going to file in Federal court and beleive you can get jurisdiction there. The other alternative is someone admitted in both states. However, typically you wnat a malpractice attoreny admitted in the state where the cause of action arose (the events) familiar with the governing law, which is most likely the place the event occurred.

2. Ilya Novofastovsky

2

1

Answered . Your attorneys will have some options, including Federal Court, where many experienced practitioners are admitted or can easily be so for a big case.

Pro

2

1

Answered . Sure, you can use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to locate a good lawyer in your state.