Skip to main content

Need Wyoming lawyer asap for medical malpractice n Billings MT told by MT need WY lawyer where welive and vice versa which is i

Billings, MT |

local drs say had solid huge case have all files record tests happened in MT we live n WY so do I need a MT or WY lawyer so confused about this spent a lot sending files to MT lawyers in the past 2 weeks which state do I need an attorney from please help

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    If the events happend in MT, then you need a MT lawyer who can litigat the issues in MT. Unless you are going to file in Federal court and beleive you can get jurisdiction there. The other alternative is someone admitted in both states. However, typically you wnat a malpractice attoreny admitted in the state where the cause of action arose (the events) familiar with the governing law, which is most likely the place the event occurred.

  2. Your attorneys will have some options, including Federal Court, where many experienced practitioners are admitted or can easily be so for a big case.

    Note: With a staff of 30 at our headquarters and affiliated attorneys and experts around the country, we use a team-oriented approach and consider any comments here as strictly preliminary - not a substitute for a lawyer's investigation and analysis, which are required for final decisions about the particular rights involved. For urgent questions, please call (917) 226-6405. NOVO LAW FIRM, PC 299 Broadway, 17th floor New York, NY 10007 Tel. (212) 233-6686

  3. Sure, you can use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to locate a good lawyer in your state.

Medical malpractice topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics