Need to sue walmart my grandson was "touched" by an walmart employee ..he is 12!! email me please

Asked about 1 year ago - Hilton, NY

20 days after my complaint the walmart asset spec. called to indicate they have fired the individual...i am assuming..as he could give no info on the toothless dude who ass slapped my grandson..i called a local discrm atty who wanted 400 to speak with me..okay goodbye toher~

thanks for the snarky answer..when someone asks a person to explain their problem..and they do so..don't berate me,,,additionally..i don't care who knows because walmart is a public behemoth who apparently does not screen their greeters!! don't ask for identifing info if you don't want it!!

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

5

Answered . Contact a local personal injury lawyer to represent your grandson. The legal guardian either parent should b the one to institute the lawsuit.

2. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

5

Answered . I understand your frustration. However, to prove liability against Walmart one would need to show more than an inappropriate or illegal interaction. I strongly recommend you contact an attorney to fully investigate this serious matter immediately.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . Touched how? What are his damages? What are the facts? Walmart will claim the former employee was not acting within the scope of his employment and therefore Walmart is not liable for what he did.

4. Paula Brown Sinclair

3

Best Answer

Answered . First of all, posting personal identifying information in this or any other public forum is imprudent. Contact Avvo customer service to edit your post.

Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not a bulletin board to recruit an attorney nor to complain about those you have contacted.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  5. Keith G Langer

Pro

5

Answered . Unless you are the legal guardian of your grandson, you have no cause of action. It is up to the parents or legal guardian of a child to bring actions on the child's behalf.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  6. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

Answered . Consult with a NY persona; injury attorney who will give you a free consult.