Skip to main content

Need to sue walmart my grandson was "touched" by an walmart employee ..he is 12!! email me please

Hilton, NY |

20 days after my complaint the walmart asset spec. called to indicate they have fired the individual...i am he could give no info on the toothless dude who ass slapped my grandson..i called a local discrm atty who wanted 400 to speak with me..okay goodbye toher~

thanks for the snarky answer..when someone asks a person to explain their problem..and they do so..don't berate me,,,additionally..i don't care who knows because walmart is a public behemoth who apparently does not screen their greeters!! don't ask for identifing info if you don't want it!!

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Best answer

    First of all, posting personal identifying information in this or any other public forum is imprudent. Contact Avvo customer service to edit your post.

    Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not a bulletin board to recruit an attorney nor to complain about those you have contacted.

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

  2. Unless you are the legal guardian of your grandson, you have no cause of action. It is up to the parents or legal guardian of a child to bring actions on the child's behalf.

    The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Touched how? What are his damages? What are the facts? Walmart will claim the former employee was not acting within the scope of his employment and therefore Walmart is not liable for what he did.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  4. Contact a local personal injury lawyer to represent your grandson. The legal guardian either parent should b the one to institute the lawsuit.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  5. I understand your frustration. However, to prove liability against Walmart one would need to show more than an inappropriate or illegal interaction. I strongly recommend you contact an attorney to fully investigate this serious matter immediately.

    PLEASE READ THIS DISCLAIMER * I very much like to offer my advice and guidance to those in need. It is why I became a lawyer. However, please note that I have not been engaged to be your lawyer so my advice is general in nature. Certainly, if you would like, please feel free to email or call me to further discuss the particulars of your situation (as many times it is not a good idea to provide a lot of information about your case on a public forum). * Hacker Murphy, LLP * 518.213.0115 * * * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State (including New York City and Long Island). *

  6. Consult with a NY persona; injury attorney who will give you a free consult.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics