Need to know what I am responsible for as a renter who's lease has been up for two years and land lord is trying to sue

Griffin, GA |

In ga and would like some info

1. Have you be paying rent? Need more information to understand and answer your question.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

2. After your lease is up you most likely are a month to month and depending on what the landlord claims rent, damage , etc. you may be responsible. If you have received a summon and complaint take it to a lawyer with all of your paperwork right away. Landlord tenant cases have very short timelines.
    Good Luck

If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Please be sure to indicate the best answer Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes