Need to know information on background checks for visas overseas

Suffolk, VA |

I was wondering what does a background check for a visa to another country that requires it consist of, meaning what do they search for in background checks, and how to know if will get the visa? I might need a visa to live and possibly also possibly work in a countries or country that requires it.

1. It really depends on what country you are attempting to obtain a Visa in. I would start by contacting the Embassy directly but you can rest assure that there will be a criminal background check.

2. This is an international and visa issue. A visa originally was a 'stamp' that a country posed on your travel documents to demonstrated that it 'saw' you are the border. Over time it has been transformed into a 'permit' to enter a specific country. The latitude of background checks is really up to any country. There is no limit or guarantee in this scrutiny process. Please consider that each country has the power to grant or reject a permit to enter. In addition, certain countries tend to have intense collaborations and exchange of information. If this is the case, the spectrum of information exchange is deep and detailed. Best

This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

3. I generally start off by explaining that 95% of immigration law is the same in any country. The specific rules and procedures are different in every country, but the general structure is practically similar.

You can thus in most cases get help from a domedtic immigration lawyer to walk you through the general structure of outbound immigration. You must:

The 5% of difference is where you need local compliance to secure the visa. We work with local professionals to reduce the costs and risks of outbound immigration. For exampe, in many countries, immigration specialists who are not lawyers provide most of the immigration services.

We welcome inquiries and free consultations on outbound immigration.

As an aside: It's been a while since I was in Suffolk. Go Nanesmond River! :)

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through www.totalmobilitylaw.com.