Need to know how to change my last name on drivers license and soc security after obtaining CA Domestic Partnership name change

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

Got my last name changed on my domestic partnership last month and am trying to figure out how to get it changed on my drivers license and social security card. Where do I go to do all this?

1. Milda Uogintaite Goeriz

2

Answered . Take the court documents showing the name change to the Social Security Office. In addition, you will need documents showing your identity and US citizenship. Passport, ID, Drivers license, Birth certificate are all acceptable. You will fill out a new application for Social Security Card due to name change. Once your application is processed, you can proceed to DMV and change it there. You will probably will have to wait for 7-10 days for the changes of SSN record to go into effect.

2. Debra Vaniman Crawford

Pro

1

Answered . You need to take documents showing the old name and the new name to the social security office.

3. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

Answered . You'll need to take documentation of the new name with proof of identity to a Social Security office ad complete their paperwork. Once that is complete (wait about 10 days or so), then take all of the documentation to the DMV.