NEED TO FILE FOR UNCONTESTED DIVORCE IN NEW YORK WITHOUT A LAWYER.

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I NEED TO KNOW IF I'M CORRECT, DO I GO DOWN TO 111 CENTRE ST NYC, THEY HAVE UNCONTESTED DIVORCE PROGRAM { PART OF THE NYS ACCESS TO JUSTICE PROGRAM ] DO I GET THE FORMS THERE,AND AFTER THEY ARE COMPLETE, DO I TAKE THEM TO CIVIL COURT AND PURCHASE THE INDEX #, AND THEN PURCHASE THE FILE OF NOTE ISSUE ?

1. Edwin Drantivy

Pro

3

Answered . The Help Center will have packets of information relevant to the required procedure and available staff may assist you, as well.

2. Robert K. Erlanger

Pro

2

Answered . The Office for the Self-Represented (or Self Help Center) is on the first floor at 60 Centre Street, Room 111. They have divorce packets (if for some reason they no longer have them, they will direct you to the correct place to get one). Follow all of the step-by-step instructions in the packet.

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the other counsel.