NEED TO FILE FOR UNCONTESTED DIVORCE IN NEW YORK WITHOUT A LAWYER.

Brooklyn, NY |

I NEED TO KNOW IF I'M CORRECT, DO I GO DOWN TO 111 CENTRE ST NYC, THEY HAVE UNCONTESTED DIVORCE PROGRAM { PART OF THE NYS ACCESS TO JUSTICE PROGRAM ] DO I GET THE FORMS THERE,AND AFTER THEY ARE COMPLETE, DO I TAKE THEM TO CIVIL COURT AND PURCHASE THE INDEX #, AND THEN PURCHASE THE FILE OF NOTE ISSUE ?

The Help Center will have packets of information relevant to the required procedure and available staff may assist you, as well.

The Office for the Self-Represented (or Self Help Center) is on the first floor at 60 Centre Street, Room 111. They have divorce packets (if for some reason they no longer have them, they will direct you to the correct place to get one). Follow all of the step-by-step instructions in the packet.

I agree with the other counsel.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.