Need malpractice attorney to go after worlds stupidest Dr., bad reaction to humira, side effects missed by Dr. at 6 wks treatmen

Asked over 2 years ago - Port Saint Lucie, FL

Dermo started me on humira for minor plaque psoriasis, at 6 wks treatment it states in his notes "patient complaining of pimples on feet" this is a sign of palmoplantar pustulosis, which I now have and I have also almost died from erytherdermia. I now take 2 shots of Enbrel per week, and two shots of methotrexate, the Dr. never even told me what had occurred I had to research on the internet to find out.

1. Jeff Tomberg

1

1

Answered . you will need to discuss your situation with a lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice cases. thanks to the wonderful republican governorship and the fact that the legislature has been dominated by republicans for a decade its nearly impossible absent horrendous injuries to sue doctors because of the lobby of the medical association establishing major hurdles that precludes cases of clear liability from reaching the courthouse by imposing massive restrictions which make the cost of pursuing many deserving claims prohibitive. this is not a political statement its simply a statement of facts. notwithstanding these hurdles there are still some lawyers who will consider your predicament... factors you should be prepared to discuss include how its affected your earnings... the extent of your medical bills and what kind of permanent serious injuries you have suffered and how it affects not only work but activities of daily living.

2. Fadi Chakour

Answered . In all medical malpractice actions the most important question is whether the doctor’s level of care fell below the acceptable standard of care. What you describe sounds like a reaction to medication that was documented by the doctor; nothing indicates that the doctor made a mistake. Therefore, a medical malpractice attorney will need to examine your medical records in detail, research the issue, and sometimes consult an expert to ascertain whether the doctor was at fault. Remember that the statute of limitation on most medical malpractice cases is 2 years. So, act fast.