Skip to main content

Need legal help for dui in Augusta, GA

Augusta, GA |

I was charged with a dui in Washington, GA but I live in Augusta, GA. My problem is that I can't find a lawyer that is willing to handle my case that is within in my budget. Can anyone help?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. How many attorneys have you tried/spoken with?

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. At this time, I am not accepting professional responsibility on this matter. No attorney/client relationship is created unless and until I receive a signed retainer agreement along with the requested retainer fee. If this matter is truly important to you, hire an attorney. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 678-510-1716 or if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). Without reviewing the appropriate paperwork It is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. Circular 230 Disclosure: Pursuant to recently-enacted U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

  2. Go to Find a Lawyer on this site or go to court and see if you qualify for the public defender.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

  3. There are several very good candidates on this website, use it to your advantage. Don't give up on finding the right fit.

  4. Depending on your budget, you should be able to find someone to represent you. Fees are a difficult thing; you want to find someone within your budget, but you want that person to be able to invest as much time in your case as possible. Many of us are flexible and can offer payment plans, so don't give up!

  5. You are having trouble because of the travel distance to Washington. Shop for an attorney who may take payments. You only have 10 days to appeal the suspension of your license to DDS, so time is of the essence.

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics