Skip to main content

Need immediate advice!!! My child is showing signs and saying things that may be related to being molested.

Bay City, MI |

Over the past month and a half my child has started becoming afraid of having her diaper changed. She screams and cries out, "No hurt boo boo!" when myself or her grandmother (my mother), begin to change her diaper. Recently she was in the ER and when the nurses went to do a cath for a urine sample, my child said, "No finger. Please no finger, I be good." Just this week she started to apologize when she pooped in her diaper and has screamed the above words everytime at diaper changes. My childs father and I share placement and custody, but live in different states. My childs father also has her in daycare when she is with him. My childs father does have a history of verbally, mentally, and emotionally abusing myself and other females that he accuses of destroying his life. Please help!!!

Attorney Answers 3


Call cps and the police ASAP.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Where is the child when with you? Is she in daycare when in your custody? Seems awfully strange to have a child of that age going from one state to another. What is the arrangement with the father? How often does she go to stay with him? Is there a court case involving the paternity of the child or support for the child? If so, and the child is not in the care of a third party when she is with you, then you should consider filing a motion to modify the parenting time until an investigation can be completed regarding your suspicion of molestation. Consult with a family law attorney about your options.
As Mr. Carter suggested, this should be immediately reported to CPS and the police agency in your community. If molestation has taken place while your daughter was in the other state, the prosecution would take place in the area court where the act occurred.

Neil M. Colman

Mr. Colman is licensed to practice law in Michigan. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Colman strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Take her to her pediatrician for an examination for trauma. Talk to your pediatrician perhaps she or he can assist if learning what has possibly happened to our daughter. She obiviously can communicate to some degree and perhaps can provide some information about what is going on. If there is evidence of physical abuse your pediatrician will likely contact CPS and the police. Whether you want to begin with CPS and the police, is your decision.

In my opinion under no circumstances should this be ignored.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the State of California and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics