Need help with negligence of a insurance company

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

7 years ago My husband died and left myself and my 2 daughters alone. I was quite confused but did remember about an insurance policy that we took out on my husband when my 1st daughter was born. I emailed Guardian insurance and included ss #'s and birth date of both my self and my husband asking if there were any active policies. I received a response less than a week later that there was no policy. It was on guardian letterhead and I still has the email on the hard drive of an old computer.
7 years later they called and paid out on a policy...I believe that it was negligence and we suffered undo hardsgip because they denied that i had a policy when my husband 1st died.

1. David B Pittman

Answered . Call a local insurance attorney for a free consultation and bring all of your documentation with you. Good luck!

2. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . Sorry to hear about your ordeal. You should contact a local attorney to talk about a potential bad faith case against Guardian for the 7 year delay in payments and the resulting hardships you and your family have endured.

3. Jeffrey Pierce Fultz

Answered . I am sorry for your loss and situation. State Departments of Insurance and rules regulate how insurance companies may act, and there is usually a prompt pay statute in the laws. There are certain penalties and damages you may be entitled to. you should contact an insurance attorney in your area to further consult you on your possible case. Good Luck.