Need help with my fiances deportation issue?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

my fiance was deported under section 212 of the act and ordered removed from the united states bh an immigration judge in proceedings under section 240 of the act initiated as a result of having been present in the us without admission or porole in 2008 he was deported for 10 years is there a way he can reenter the us ligaly before the 10 years what can i do to help him if im engaged with him and i am a US citizen

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . He would need both an I-212 and an I-601 waiver.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You would have to get married first and then he may be eligible for a 601 waiver. Consult with an attorney.

  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,960 answers this week

2,776 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,960 answers this week

2,776 attorneys answering