Need help to file Motion To Vacate a Released State Tax Lien

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I have a released state income tax lien for $676 that was released by Cook County in 2012. Im trying to get this removed from my credit report. Im trying to get a home loan, but this is keeping my score down even though it is released. I am aware of Form 12277 and 668(Z) that can be filed on a federal level to have it removed from records, but I have found nothing about this on a state level. My hope was that I could file a motion to vacate, and ask for the mercy of the court to remove this so that I can have it removed from my credit report. This will help me qualify for the home loan and give my family a better life. Is there an attorney that can help with this process or is there another way I can go about this?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . You can do nothing about this notation on your credit report. The report indicates that the lien has been released. You cannot file any motion to remove the lien from your records which will also wipe it off your credit record. Sorry.

2. Linda Simmons Campbell

Pro

1

Answered . There is nothing you can do to get the lien taken completely off your credit report. If you suffered some sort of hardship that resulted in your being unable to pay your taxes, you might try writing a letter to the credit reporting companies explaining what happened and the steps you took to resolve the problem. Sometimes that will help. Good luck.