Need help regarding H1B Visa 221(g) White Form with Additional Administrative Processing in Hyderabad Consulate , India

Piscataway, NJ |

I filed H1b through a new employer and he filed h1b for me and he is implementing a project for the client in his office and he applied H1b for me on the same basis . Now , my H1b got approved and i went for visa interview on Oct 5th and Visa officer took all my documents and checked all of them and he had some questions to me regarding project and previous 221g . I replied to all questions and in the end he gave me a 221g White Form with Additional Administrative Processing required and he told me that i will be getting a mail after a week and please submit my passport after that .
1) Please advise me how long will it take for this additional administrative processing ?
2) Can i believe the visa officer word that he will send an email with in a week ?

Section 221g constitutes a Visa denial, pending further processing. This further processing can take up to 3 - 4 months. You should hire a lawyer to represent you.

You should speak with an immigration attorney.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.