Need help in Cincinnati regarding divorce/separation settlement payments.

Asked over 1 year ago - Cincinnati, OH

My husband divorced his ex-wife in 2006 and they had a separation agreement regarding child support and paying the bills accrued during the marriage. The payments were to be made directly to the ex-wife. He made the first several payments and then lost his job. At that point, another family member made payments on his behalf. Fast forward 7 years and his ex-wife is now claiming that she was never paid anything and has sent a "Demand for Payment letter" for the full amount. I think there probably is some money still due, but she claims that NONE was paid. I do have some receipts, but the family member has been unable to find theirs. My husbands only income is SSDI. Would they be able to garnish that? Also, wouldn't the CSEA have picked up any child support ordered during separation?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Matthew Thomas Majeski


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Your husband really needs a lawyer. Depending on how payment was made, there may also be ways to establish proof of payment from the family member.

    Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Alternatives to divorce

Divorce is not the only solution to marital difficulties. Marriage counseling, legal separation, or annulment are other alternatives.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,527 answers this week

3,293 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,527 answers this week

3,293 attorneys answering