Need help immigrating with my husband to Florida. Our two children were born there in 1999 and 2000. We came back to Canada

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

in 2005 . We had been there on an 2 Visa . My sister married an American in 1995 and still resides in Florida . What is the best way for us to be legal to work in Florida ?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

Answered . Your sister can sponsor you if she is a citizen but it will take at least 10 years. Your kids must be 21 to sponsor you. Consult with an attorney to determine if there are employment avenues available to sponsor you.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague. While your sister can sponsor you it will take MANY years, and your children would have to be 21 years of age to sponsor you. Investment or employment options may be a possibility and you can discuss those with an attorney

4. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

2

Answered . As my colleagues have correctly pointed out, your sister can sponsor you (provided she is a U.S. citizen and not merely a green card holder), but you would have to wait 10+ years before you could emigrate. Your children are U.S. citizens, but are not old enough to sponsor you for a green card at this time. Your options may include employment-based immigration (including the TN visa for Canadians) or investor immigration. Without fully reviewing the individual details of your case, we cannot provide you with an answer on this forum. You should consider scheduling a consultation with an attorney to discuss your options in more detail. My firm provides consultations in Tampa, FL.