Need help getting off sex offender list but can;t afford a lawyer.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lakewood, CO

if someone will listen to me i can prove i didn't do the crime in the first place. can you help me or tell of someone that can and will.

1. Lori A Beck

2

Answered . The time to prove you were not guilty was at trial and it sounds as though that is long past. There is a time period and many other factors in determing whether or not you can de-register, such as what type of crime you plead guilty to; a felony or misdemeanor; whether you have ever failed to register before. You sould contact an attorney to speak about your options.

2. Brandon Uriah Luna

Pro

Answered . Lakewood,

it appears you previously entered a plea to the crime. This puts you in an incredibly difficult situation. You need to find good new evidence showing that you did not commit the crime. Ask a defense attorney to file a 35(c) motion.

Good Luck

Brandon

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Answered . If you have been convicted of being a sex offender, you can not get off the list other than overturning the conviction on appeal. It sound like the time has passed for that. I am sorry