Need help getting off sex offender list but can;t afford a lawyer.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lakewood, CO

if someone will listen to me i can prove i didn't do the crime in the first place. can you help me or tell of someone that can and will.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Lori A Beck

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The time to prove you were not guilty was at trial and it sounds as though that is long past. There is a time period and many other factors in determing whether or not you can de-register, such as what type of crime you plead guilty to; a felony or misdemeanor; whether you have ever failed to register before. You sould contact an attorney to speak about your options.

  2. Brandon Uriah Luna


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Lakewood,

    it appears you previously entered a plea to the crime. This puts you in an incredibly difficult situation. You need to find good new evidence showing that you did not commit the crime. Ask a defense attorney to file a 35(c) motion.

    Good Luck


  3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you have been convicted of being a sex offender, you can not get off the list other than overturning the conviction on appeal. It sound like the time has passed for that. I am sorry

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,543 answers this week

3,163 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,543 answers this week

3,163 attorneys answering