Skip to main content

Need help finding life insurance policy, if there is one.

San Marcos, CA |

I have DPOA for mother who recently had a stroke and no longer fully competent. After looking through documents, I am not sure if she has life insurance and I don't know how to go about finding out. Any way to obtain this information?

Attorney Answers 2


You will have to do your own investigation. There is no central place where it can be obtained. Review your mother's bank account and credit card statements for insurance premium payments. Review her mail when it arrives and continue to search through her documents. If your mother has a safe deposit box an insurance policy may be there. Good luck.

My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers assume California law. I am licensed in California, only. Answers must not be relied upon.<br> <br> Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. <br> <br> I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us.<br> <br> The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential. I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo because I have answered or commented on a question. Specifically, I assume no duty to respond to any question, comment, telephone call, or email because of my participation.<br> <br> All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult an attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction for advice and counsel. See, also, Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.<br>

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

5 lawyers agree


No central database. Go through checkbook, and call insurance agent who sold her other insurance.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics