Need help being sued for balance if totaled car

Margaretville, NY |
Filed under: Bankruptcy

Our ins paid and then credit acceptance gave credits off the balance and then took off the ins check and then claim ny gap I ly paid 51.80 and are suing for 2,222 which is the balance, we were told by Nissan finance lady that this is incorrect and gap should have paid it off. What do we do???

1. First, you need to contact the gap insurance carrier and find out why they didn't pay the entire balance. Second, you need to defend the lawsuit to avoid a default judgment against you.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

2. You might file an answer with general denials. Then ask for an accounting.

3. I would definitely fil e and answer.Hopefully you have time to do so. I don't recommend filing a general denial answer youself without first talking to a lawyer, since there are defenses youwill want to raise nand perhaps a counterclaim ( FDCPA. FCRA, NYS ) to add, and it is harder to add these after issue is joined. Give us a call, we'd be happy to help you in Margaretville.