NEED HELP ASAP MY I - 20 GOT CANCELLED AND I HAVE VERY LESS TIME ? ? ? ? HELP

Asked over 1 year ago - Melbourne, FL

guys my I - 20 got cancelled because i was earlier enrolled in a university and later i transferred to a community college and and due to non payment at my university because of severe crisis back at home and now the community college wants my transcript . they are not allowing me to enroll for the next semester . the university has transferred my remaining dues to a collection agency and the amount is quiet lumsome with the interest . PLEASE HELP ME ASAP . . any legal advice would be helpful in case of the I - 20 AND THE COLLECTION AGENCY

1. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

6

Answered . It sounds like you have a problem. As for your balance of tuition with the university, the usual option is to pay it or it will be a blemish on your credit report. You could negotiated with the agency and get it reduced. It's unlikely that it will be forgiven. (What is the relationship between "crisis back home" and your academic crisis here?)

It is normal for a university to withhold transcripts until a "financial clearance" is obtained.

You are likely out of status at this time. You need to consult an experienced immigration Attorney ASAP.

2. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

Answered . I agree with prior counsel.

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

4

Answered . Speak with the foreign certain advisor and the college financial office. See if you can work out an agreement. At this point you may be out of status.

4. Frank Mascagni III

3

Answered . First, consult with an immigration lawyer ASAP. The second issue can be resolved with money. Try to borrow from friends and family and propose a lump sum down payment and balance on terms to get a clearance letter.