Skip to main content

Need experienced atty for lawsuit against Irvine Police for witholding exculpatory evidence.

Newport Beach, CA |

Falsely arrested for dui with bac level of zero due to failing lower extremity FST due to my disability, Cop knew I was disabled - my statements are on tape and he now claims drug expert did not perform tests at Irvine PD and experts are not used, even though grant money is given for the program. Need attorney experienced in trials against police who withold exculpatory evidence (Brady). Police witholding documents, videotapes and proof that drug expert conducted test and cop falsified the medical history form. Strong case, can't find atty who knows how to proceed with a Brady case.

Lost job due to arrest, approx $ 55,000 wiht 9,000 attorneys fees paid so far. Future income will be impacted, even after they are dismissed.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


All experienced criminal defense attorneys have actual experience with Brady issues. Sadly, Brady issues are often present in all kinds of criminal cases, both misdemeanor and felony. There is nothing highly technical or fact-specific about Brady issues, and an attorney who understands the facts and charges in your case and is widely experienced in defending in criminal trials is likely to be sufficiently skilled and experienced to serve you well.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


Keep an eye on your six month deadline to file a government tort claim to preserve your rights under state law. That's six months from the date of the arrest. Federal claims have a two year statute of limitations. So if you're beyond the six months, all is not lost. These are tricky cases. That's why it's hard to find a skillful lawyer in the civil rights area. I'd be happy to discuss the issues with you. 877-595-5480. Best of luck


If you've paid $9000 in attorney fees already, I strongly suggest addressing all of these concerns with your current attorney. Many of the things you are seeking (documents, videotapes, etc) are subject to subpoena. Good luck.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer