Skip to main content

Need copy of I-94

Corona, CA |

I lost my passport with I-94 attached to it almost twenty years ago. I got into the country via Miami in August of 1983 with a tourism visa and never left. However, now that my wife is able to help me get my residency we were told by an immigration lawyer that in order to get a legal status in the U.S.A. I will need I-94 among other documents.
Can you please tell how can I get a copy of I-94 and what might be an alternative, if any, to get this problem solved ?
Thank you very much for your help on this matter.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There is a procedure for obtaining a replacement I-94 card - USCIS has a form you can file to request a replacement when one is lost or stolen.

However, you would need to be able to present some proof of exactly when and where you entered the U.S. Without the pasport, the best proof is really boardingt passes from the plane stating date and time of arrival as well as place/airport (I know, almost nobody ever keeps these).

You might try checking with the airline, travel agent, or someone who travelled in with you who might still have the passport/I-94. If you can find some sort of evidence, these aren't hard cases - finding the evidence is the tough part.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer