Need consultation hiring offshore employer for contract work?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Spring, TX

Hi,

Very soon I am going to start a business in Texas. I'm a legal resident to startup the business in the United States.

As I start up my own business in US, I am going to hire offshore employers to develop applications and provide support, so I can deliver those services to my client in USA. So the thing is that, when I hire the company outside USA to work for my company, what are the legal obligations I will have to face when I hire someone to work for my business? As revenue is generated, I intend to share the profit with offshore company that I hired to work for.

I will appreciate any help from all the experts.

Thanks

1. Todd Matthew Heine

Answered . You are bringing up all of the right issues. My legal practice focuses on these issues of outsourcing and offshoring. Please see my website linked below.

In short, you'll need to consider corporate, employment, tax, and immigration law here and abroad. This sounds complex and confusing, but it is rather straightforward. This sounds expensive and painful, but it actually gives you extra opportunities to maximize your profits, minimize your tax liabilities, and reduce your legal liabilities.

I interested in learning more about your business. Please feel free contact me through my Avvo profile or directly via email at todd@totalmobilitylaw. I will also be in the Houston area this month and would be interested in meeting with you to discuss further.

2. Jonathan H Levy

Answered . You may want to rethink that business model. Would it not be easier just to contract for services with your offshore providers? Then it is just a simple business expense like any other governed by contractual relationship.