Need Attorney's help-Small Claim $2000 with a paralegal who is in Jail-Baltimore,MD

Asked over 2 years ago - Baltimore, MD

Hi, Good Morning!.

I filed a complaint against a paralegal who took my money and didn't did anything for me.I came to know he is in jail(he filed intention to defend).My trial date is on either on June 22(I filed for motion to continue on 29th 2012) and the court is bringing him(trial date) from jail.I am looking for an attorney who can help me for this case in Baltimore,MD.Please help me and let me know your fees.As the claim is small so I am not able to find any lawyer who can help me for an affordable fee.I am happy to share my complaint and other proofs.Please help me.Thanks and Have a Nice Day.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Nicholas Bernard Proy

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I had to answer because the previous attorney was so off base (and apparently not a Maryland attorney).

    In Maryland, an attorney can represent an individual in the District Court for a small claims action (less than $5,000).

    Licensed in MD, PA and DC. This is not legal advice. I am not your attorney. You should consult with an attorney... more
  2. Glenn Bishop

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . I'm not sure what type of help you're looking for, so forgive me if I don't answer your questions.

    Typically Small Claims Courts do not permit attorneys to be involved in the Court proceedings, although its worth checking your local rules for Small Claims actions to make sure.

    If you're just lookiing for help putting your case together, you can probably find that. Try calling your local bar association (Google it for the county you live in) and ask if they have a referral service or legal clinic that can assist you. Alternatively you might try the law schools in your area (U Baltimore, U Maryland) and ask if they have a student run legal clinic that can assist in some way.

    Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,653 answers this week

2,996 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,653 answers this week

2,996 attorneys answering