Need an Employment Atty that handles Whistleblower case. Is it illegal for employer to retaliate against employee for reporting?

Asked 7 months ago - San Gabriel, CA

Reported major Misconduct in a State Agency? Receiving retaliation and harassment by employer in adverse action and must attend Skelly Hearing in two weeks while I'm on disability. Seeking Employment Attorney (Contingency) as soon as possible.

1. Brad S Kane

Pro

4

Answered . This forum is for general legal information, not the solicitation of lawyers. You can use the AVVO lawyer search function, google or contact your local county bar association for prospective lawyers.

2. Neil Pedersen

3

1

Answered . Not all acts of retaliation will result in liability. Many forms of what people would consider to be whistle blowing are not unlawful. That said, it is good you are looking for an attorney to assist you. This is not the place to recruit an attorney. However, we can certainly help point you in the right direction.

I would suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to www.cela.org, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers.

Most employment attorneys who practice this area of law work on a contingency basis, meaning you can hire an attorney without paying any money until the matter results in a positive outcome for you. Many advance all the costs of the litigation as well. Do not let fear of fees and costs keep you from finding a good attorney.

Good luck to you.

3. Navid Yadegar

Pro

3

Answered . It is unclear from your question what type of major misconduct you reported to the state agency. Retaliatory acts against an employee who reports certain illegal acts by an employer is prohibited. However, I am unsure if that is the case here. I would recommend searching Avvo for a good employment law attorney to represent you at the Skelly Hearing. You can search for lawyers who will take your case on contingency. Good luck.

4. Jonathan Aaron Weinman

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues about using www.cela.org or Find a Lawyer. Many attorneys practicing in this area handle cases on a contingency and have represented employees at Skelly Hearings. You should look for an attorney that is comfortable handling both employment law and administrative hearings. Good luck.